The Regulatory Framework for Social Housing in England
Since the 1st April 2012 the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) has been responsible for regulating social housing in England and have been known as the Social Housing Regulator.
This online courses educates professionals about the Social Housing Regulators role, the principles of co-regulation and the economic and consumer standards.
After completing this course learners will:
• Be able to explain the Regulatory Framework for Social Housing in England.
• Be able to explain the parts of the Regulatory Framework that apply to the relevant Registered Providers.
• Understand the principles of co-regulation.
• Be able to explain the approaches of the Social Housing Regulator to both the economic and consumer standards.
• Understand what will happen when Registered Providers fail to comply with the required standards. .
This online training course was developed with Subject Matter Experts from the housing sector.
The content of the course delivers relevant information whilst using interactive activities to encourage professionals to consider how they would use the information in everyday situations.